Yay for a Job!

Author: Jack

I got a call this morning asking me to work at Canyon View Junior High as a lunch lady, which I totally would have taken had I not gotten the other call just before.

I am officially an office assistant and a tracker at Lone Peak High School. This entails mostly enforcing the parking rules, negotiating on the rules with, aherm, unruly parents and students. It also entails possibly working with an autistic student, who is neither extreme nor violent; he's just "a little odd". I'm really nervous but really excited at the same time! I've never had professional experience with most of the stuff I'll be doing, in the work place. However, I have good people/public, computer, diplomatic skills. I know it will get rude sometimes. (or so i've been told) I mean, that the parents can get really rude, but, hey, I can stick up for myself and the rules. I can be firm, and kind to the rude public. Not like I hadn't done that all through my telemarketing job.

So, they're kind of working out a lot of things, like the time schedule, and my specific jobs, but they're gonna have me come in at 7:30, and then, it's a 6 hour job.... i wonder if i get to eat school yunch. (heehee, that'd be cool) Yep, Monday through Friday, so a 30ish hour week, which isn't full time, but it's better than my other option: 20 hour week/30 hour week, but both mean spending 200 bucks every month on gas. HaHA! Suckers! I'm MUCH closer to Lone Peak, than I am Canyon View, so, that's an awesome! A Greaty! Yayzy!

 

1 Response to “Yay for a Job!”

  1. Liz

    Congrats!! Sounds like fun!! Enjoy!!


Leave a Reply

My Tunes


Where Are You From?