So, I wrote a couple poems/songs. Check them out. Tell me what you think... I'm working on one about the Harmon extended family. but that'll prolly take a while. :)

Anyway, for "Please, Hear My Prayer" and "How Will I Survive the Night"

Please, Hear My Prayer

I'm broken, Lord
Repair my flaws.
I look to you from Satan's jaws.
I know you died and suffered so,
I'd be with you again, I know
That you must love me dearly, Lord
So, please, please hear my prayer.

Lord, I've traveled on this path and I
Don't know the way back to On High
But I know that you love me, Lord
I know that if I follow, Lord
You will hold me in your arms,
And lovingly remind me harm's
Gone, now that I am in your arms.
So, Lord, please hear my prayer.

I look to you with last resort,
I know you're not my last support.
You've stuck with me, through sin and fault,
You were pained so I'd exalt,
And when I'd stuck it in your face,
I lost my soul, I lost my race,
And when I needed most the love
That only comes from God above,
You forgave, Lord. You forgave.
My soul, my soul you came to save!

My Lord, how can I ever thank thee.
My Lord, how can I ever thank thee?
My Lord, how can I ever love thee
With the love thou holdest for me?
My Lord, my Lord. Please hear my prayer.
Please rescue me from this despair!
I need thee, Lord; I love thee, Lord!

So, Lord, please hear my prayer.
Oh, Lord, please hear my prayer.




How Will I Survive the Night?

I'm sipping lyrics slowly so I don't throw up my heart.
I have sutures holding ribs together, so I'm not torn apart.
I used to have dreams where blood was up to my knees,
Where children played in battlefields, and
And no one used the magic words.
I'm swallowed up inside.
Inside this bloody soul.
The scars are splitting,
Marred, and quitting.
I'm submitting.
Unremitting

Anything to get me out of here!

I spit up gobs of bloody soul, sip a 7 up now
Stalin's speaking to my head, Hitler, Mussolini, Mao.
I dance in the streets, singing Regina Spektor and specters
Haunt the bedroom lamps and I
Once drank a druid under the table
On my way to Aceldama.
Where I'll be vacating.
Bare debating,
I'm negating
Infiltrating.

Where do I expect to go,
Traveling the broken road?
I knew that I would end up here,
So why didn't I stop from fear?

I'm spitting up my soul tonight,
How will I survive the night?

How will I survive the night?

 

1 Response to “My Latest Set of Writing”

  1. MarkS

    Beautiful prayer!

    Don't show the second one to Dallin though, the imagery would definitely be overwhelming.


Leave a Reply

My Tunes


Where Are You From?