What do I like...?

Author: Jack

"What do you like to do?" The hair stylist asked me, and I gave the regular answer. "Well... um, I like to write, read. I like to listen to music." I'd run out of answers, and I didn't feel a particular need to tell her any more. But, as I started thinking about it, I'm a much more complex person than that. And I know it. So why not share it? What came to mind next was these...

I like ...

* to smell flowers
* the tingle I get down my back when the electric razor buzzes the back of my neck
* someone else washing my hair
* admiring old houses (or houses with personality)
* going to local breweries that also serve food
* to laugh
* making others laugh
* to make legitimate political arguments within a debate
* listing I can's, rather than I can'ts
* doing things for close friends
* to feel like I can trust people
* dancing crazily in my room
* to correct both grammatical and style errors in writing
* writing
* liking who I am, and where I am in life
* to stand up for myself, when I deserve it
* to apologize when it is right
* feeling right with a friend, who I was having an argument/fight with
* to play sports with people who don't care about winning... enough to not give me advice on how to play the sport
* it when friends run their fingers through my hair
* getting sweet, gentle kisses on my cheek
* to clean toilets
* learning
* to teach others about interesting subjects, things most people don't know about
* telling other people about Loki, one of the Norse gods
* wearing ties
* to sing tenor with my dad
* writing well-written research papers
* reading informational texts
* riding rodeo on the tile buffer
* people who don't stress when we talk about something deep or emotional
* to blush
* taking pictures of myself when I make odd faces
* to drive long distances
* to speak German
* happy sighing
* doodling
* reading
* singing just for me
* to accept different kinds of people
* to listen to Regina Spektor
* to watch the (vice) presidential debates)
* San Francisco
* to travel
* the east coast
* aceing tests
* not having to weed
* laughing so hard my belly hurts
* playing with my nieces and nephews
* watching classic Disney movies
* taking leaps in life
* proving to myself that I am who I want to be

 

4 Responses to “What do I like...?”

  1. MarkS

    What a great list--one of your best posts ever!


  2. Jack

    Thanks.... but I've written a lot better posts than this one.


  3. Bethany Anna

    so, I love this one because it really-o truely-o is YOU(li-o) (it's gotta rhyme!) oh no! you forgot that you love to rhyme things! but no more rhyming when I am a turtle okay? Kjee kjee kjee...


  4. Peggy

    let me know when you want your hair washed

    old houses - I love the ones in the Avenues

    what sports?

    tell me about Loki

    hope your Utah election training was fun this morning


Leave a Reply

My Tunes


Where Are You From?